Solenoid valve of ASCO atex valve and IECEx is designed for European and Asian customers
E Workplace xplosions can cause damage to people and serious damage to plants and machinery. To reduce the risk of explosion caused by spark or high temperature or both. It is important to use an ATEX or IECEx certified device.
ASCO provides atex valve and IECEx certified solenoid valves for use in drive control applications located in hazardous areas that comply with the ATEX Directive 2014/34. And the Explosion Proof Directive of the International Electrotechnical Commission.
ATEX and IECEx certified suppliers ensure that our products meet the standards that electronic devices need to comply with in order to use safely and reliably in hazardous areas.
The atex valve directive includes equipment and protective systems that can be used in potentially explosive atmospheres caused by the presence of flammable gases, smoke or dust.
The ATEX Directive has been adopted by the European Union to facilitate free trade in the EU by meeting the technical. And legal requirements of member states for the products used. Used in potentially explosive atmospheres. The directive includes equipment and protection systems that can be used in potentially explosive atmospheres caused by the presence of flammable gases, vapors or fumes. The directive covers both electrical and mechanical equipment. The Directive includes harmonization of requirements as well as conformity assessment procedures.
– There is only one indicator for mining equipment and other places. That could be jeopardized by the explosive atmosphere.
– Directive shows the safety requirements for equipment intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres caused by the presence of dust. And the safety requirements for non-electrical equipment used. in explosive environments.
– It provides the “CE” sign for equipment and protection systems, which can be used in explosive atmospheres.
– Replaces the national regulations on electrical equipment. This new directive has a larger scope than domestic standards.
A combustion atmosphere is defined as a mixture:
– Flammable (dust, gas, dust or dust) (A)
– oxygen in ambient air = always present (B)
– Under atmospheric conditions, after combustion occurs (C), the combustion process spreads to the entire non-combustible mixture (in the case of fibers, which do not completely burn after burning).
– All products are marketed in accordance with Directive 94/9 / EC.
– The user’s responsibility for direct use of the products depends on the areas he / she has identified. And thus depends on the risks that may occur. The installation must be in accordance with the European Directives. All products used will be subject to Directive 94/9 / EC. In the case of a defect, irreparable installation products must be replaced by products in accordance with Directive 94/9 / EC.
– All products placed on the market must comply with Directive 2014/34 / EU.
– The user’s responsibility for direct use of the products depends on the areas he / she has identified and thus depends on the risks that may occur. The installation must be in accordance with the European Directives. All products used will be subject to Directive 2014/34 / EU. In the event of an error, products that are installed that can not be repaired must be replaced by products in accordance with Directive 2014/34 / EU.
All products provided by ASCO conform to new and updated standards and guidelines. Including the new ATEX Directive 2014/34 / EU (as of April 20, 2016). Previously, this was the atex valve Directive 94/9 / EC.
Atex valve directive applies to electrical equipment and does not use electricity.
For solenoid valves, it is the complete product including the electrical operator and the valve must be ATEX certified.
For pneumatic electric valves with integral pilots, it is considered to be similar to a solenoid valve. So the entire product must be ATEX certified.
For electric-pneumatic valves with a separate CNOMO solenoid, two certificates are required, one for solenoid control and one for pneumatic valves. The reason for this is because each product can be used alone.
ATEX certification is also required for non-electrical devices such as regulators, valves, cylinders, etc., If used in a certified area.
ATEX certification is not required for non-electrical equipment without potential sources of ignition. Such as filters, lubricants … These products are referred to as simple mechanical products. and can be used in atex valve zones 1, 2, 21 and 22 in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
The European Commission has issued updates to the legal framework of some European directives. The goal is to improve the directives and therefore the safety of the products they apply. And to achieve a higher level of protection for the customer.
As of 20 April 2016, Directive 94/9 / EC has been replaced by Directive 2014/24 / EU. Conversion date has been set and there is no transition period.
Existing ATEX certificates issued under Directive 94/9 / EC are still valid
There is no technical change
Certificate issued under Directive 2014/34 / EU for new products or if the product is certified after April 20, 2016.
New EU Compliance Statement accompanying the product against the CE declaration of conformity required for the product to be shipped to the factory on April 20, 2016.
Prior to April 20, 2016, all EC Declaration of Conformity for atex valve products first placed on the EU market must comply with Directive 94/9 / EC. Products already in the distribution chain (including stockpiles), prior to 20 April 2016, may continue to be distributed with the EC Declaration of Conformity referring to Directive 94/9 / EC.
Because they have been brought into the EU market legally. EC Declaration of Conformity (EC or EU) is still in force under current legislation when products are put on the EU market (= first time on the EU market). There is no need to change the legislative references in the accompanying documentation.
For products entering the EU market on April 20, 2016 (or, if the product is manufactured for personal use, put into service), the EU declaration of conformity must be appropriate. with the new atex valve Directive 2014/34 / EU.